17th March 2020
Dear Parents/Caregivers and Community members,
The rapidly developing situation regarding COVID-19 and the restrictions that have been announced over the last few days have meant that the 150th Anniversary committee have needed to meet to discuss the possible impact on our upcoming event (8, 9 and 10 May).
There are several main factors we have considered:
- People registered from Australia will need to be in isolation for 14 days either side of their visit. This will make attending impossible.
- The event will have a significant number of people over the age of 65 attending. These are the most vulnerable people in our community in relation to COVID-19.
The 150th Committee feels it is our moral responsibility to postpone the event until the situation improves. We have not set a new date at this point.
Everyone who has registered will be contacted and given a full refund.
It is such a shame that this situation has occurred and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
(On behalf of the 150th Anniversary Committee)